Barnardos have some fantastic ideas about how to keep fit and active during lockdown. Check out their website and see the online resources they are recommending for us:
There are lots of websites, youtube channels and Instagram accounts that are dedicating themselves specifically to encouraging people to keep active during the lockdown. We have brought together a range of resources from other sites here that are offering excellent resources, advice and workouts:
- Patient.info - With categories like low impact, body weight training and high-tech options, as well as a guide to staying motivated, Patient have covered lots of ground with their guide to home exercise
- Thisgirlcan.co.uk - This Girl Can explains why home exercise can be so beneficial, for both your fitness, your mental wellbeing, and your bank balance.
- Verywellfit.com - With plenty of links to workouts, music, games and apps for home exercisers, as well as ideas for body weight exercises, exercise routines, and online tutorials and classes, Very Well Fit provides an excellent resource.
- Sportengland.org - Sport England lists out a number of online classes, free resources, and ideas for exercising with the kids as well
- Joe Wicks is doing daily PE classes for the nation, including workouts for kids and that you can do your kids.
- Yoga With Adriene There are so many yoga channels available, and 30 Days of Yoga is a popular offering from Youtube instructor Adriene Mishler.